Wisdom teeth do not usually appear until you are in your late teens or older. Not everyone has them, but many people need their wisdom teeth removed as they can cause problems. Some problems can be :
- Pain – due to pressure on the other teeth or because of infection
- Pushing other teeth out of line, causing crowding of the front teeth
- Damaging the tooth in front, resulting in both teeth being lost
- Cheek biting and painful ulcers
Removing troublesome wisdom teeth often requires a surgical procedure. We offer a choice of anesthesia and pain-relieving options , and we will discuss these thoroughly with you before your treatment:
- Powerful local anesthetic
Unlike many dental practices that have to refer their patients for surgery, our dentists are all highly experienced in surgical dentistry. Dr. Doug possesses advanced skills as a wisdom tooth dentist. Should you require the removal of any or all of your wisdom teeth, you can rest assured that at Diamond Dental Care & Implant Centre, you’re in the safest of hands.
Don’t hesitate to contact our friendly team at (07) 5236 0652 for further information or advice about wisdom teeth removal Sunshine Coast residents can trust.