We understand that you may find the experience of visiting the dentist stressful, and so we work hard to ensure that your visit is a pleasant as possible. If you are very anxious, there's no need to suffer in silence - please do feel free to call our friendly team in advance so that we can discuss your needs and accommodate them as best we can. Many of our nervous patients tell us that our sympathetic approach has given them a positive experience of dental care.
We offer a range of sedation options and can advise on the most appropriate one for you.
- Medication. Taken as a tablet before you come into the practice, sedative medication will help you feel relaxed during your treatment.
- 'Happy gas' (nitrous oxide). Delivered through a face mask and suitable for almost everybody, regardless of age and general health; 'happy gas' will ensure that your treatment is a pleasant experience
- Twilight sedation. If you are very anxious, or having more complex surgery, this service is provided under the supervision of a visiting anaesthetist, adhering to the strict guidelines of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists and using all necessary monitoring and safety equipment. The fee attributed to intravenous sedation may be applicable for a rebate from Medicare
Please be aware that regardless of the sedation method used:
- You will not be able to drive home or operate machinery after your procedure
- Local anaesthetic and numbing cream will still be administered to your mouth
- We ask that you provide us with details of all medications you may be taking, whether or not your doctor prescribes them and including any health supplements or natural remedies